In this video, John Laurro teaches of 5 Tips to effectively and efficiently work from home. Working remotely from the comfort of your house or apartment is a wonderful privilege, but it is also a significant responsibility.
It is up to you to stay focused and manage your time wisely so that your high priority tasks get completed each day. Here are five tips to help you achieve maximum productivity while working from home:
1. Get ready for the day the same way you would if you had to go into the office and work with a team in person. Take a shower, brush your teeth, and get dressed in a full set of clothes. While working in your pajamas may sounds glorious, you must get fully ready for the day in order to cultivate a mindset of focus and productivity.
2. Structure and optimize your desk setup / workspace in a manner that increases focus and decreases distractions. Make sure the TV is off, your social media notifications are silenced, and your home office only gives you access to the tools that help you work.
3. Schedule and commit to specific time periods that you will have working sessions. On your calendar, block off the specific days and times that you will commit to working. Protect these time periods and ensure that you give work your undivided attention during them.
4. Take regular breaks throughout the day to get fresh air and to achieve a refreshed feeling / mindset. Working from home means that you’ll spend almost all day every day in your apartment or house. It’s important to take a walk outside to get some fresh air and sunlight. This will help you recharge and feel refreshed and ready to get back to work.
5. Make sure you, along with everyone you know, respects your work time from home the same way they would if you were in an office or storefront. People will assume you are always available now that you work from home. You need to manage their expectations properly so they respect your working sessions and don’t interrupt you.