Check out my blog: http://www.notamodel.tv/blog/beauty-essentials
Makeup essentials in my handbag
Ask me a question: http://www.notamodel.tv/ask-marina/submit-question
Hello my fashionsistas!
It’s been a while since I filmed an Ask Marina video so thought I would do one this week. In this episode I share with you the makeup essentials that I carry around in my handbag.
Here they all are:
1. Baby wipes (no I don’t have kids lol!) – I mainly use baby wipes for when I need to take all my makeup off and redo it, or a lot of the time I use them to simply change the color of my lipstick, shades like red can stain so baby wipes are my go-to essential makeup remover that I like to keep in my bag. Who would want to carry around a bottle of makeup remover?
2. Dry shampoo: Okay so it’s not makeup but a travel size bottle of dry shampoo is SO handy to keep in your bag for those times when your hair may be a bit oily or just a bit flat. Dry shampoo always saves me!
3. Lipsticks…Brace yourself! I have an unhealthy amount of lipsticks and lip glosses in my makeup purse. I’ve got 3 different shades of pink, red, orange lipsticks plus matching lip glosses for each lipstick! Plus a nude lip gloss… and a clear lip gloss. Obsessed much? Haha. Clearly lipstick is at the top of my handbag makeup essentials list!
4. MAC Studio Fix Powder: This is is great for touch ups if I’m having a long day. I normally wear long wear foundations and concealers so I actually don’t use this much, but when I need it, it certainly saves the day!
5. Eyeliners: There is no easier or quicker way to take your daytime makeup to a night time look than with winged eyeliner! I carry an Urban Decay Ink For Eyes Pen (it’s a felt tip one for those that don’t know) and also a black kohl eyeliner to line my waterline with.
6. Nail file: I can’t stand a chipped nail! I keep a back up one in my car too incase I’ve changed handbags and don’t have my essential makeup purse with me.
7. Hair Elastic: Sometimes I’ll be scrolling on Instagram and Desi Perkins will post a photo of her hair in a topknot and that’s when I need a hair elastic.
8. Compact Mirror: Now this is probably the one thing I can’t live without. Honestly, how can you have makeup in your handbag but no mirror – I ain’t got no time for looking for a mirror (the lighting is usually so bad in public restrooms anyway)!
My handbag is from Longchamp: http://bit.ly/1E3dL7c
I hope you LOVED this video and found it helpful, and if you did, don’t forget to subscribe to keep up to date with all things in the world to Not a Model.
And remember, you don’t need to be a model to look like you’ve stepped off the runway – you just need a killer wardrobe and some lipstick!
COME HANG OUT WITH ME:
JOIN THE NOT A MODEL RUNWAY: http://bit.ly/1s1HV06
MY PERSONAL INSTAGRAM: http://www.instagram.com/MarinaDeGiovanni
NOT A MODEL RUNWAY ON INSTAGRAM: http://www.instagram.com/NotAModelRunway
EMAIL ME: marina [at] notamodel [dot] tv
MISSED THE LAST ASK MARINA EPISODE? Watch it here: http://youtu.be/_NlHALBV3Jc